Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Handsome Blog- Number Three

Mentally I'm giving myself a pat on the back for doing this three days in a row. Go Me! 
Number 3 is one of my very favorite people. The drive that he has in his heart to help the children of the world is motivating. It makes me want to go along with him and his crew, and see the smiles, and hear the voices of the lives that he has helped. Simply by providing to these people something that I have over 60 pairs of, shoes.
Number 3.
Blake Mycoskie

I remember BLake way back when he was on The Amazing Race with his sister ( i think). He visited Argentina while on the show, the next year he re-visited argentina and shortly thereafter came up with the concept of Tom's shoes. The concept is simple, moved by the amount of kids living there without shoes, which prevented them from being able to attend school, he came up with the idea that he would make shoes. For every pair that was sold, he would give a pair to a child. 
His idea has exploded, and Blake and his team, and volunteers go on "shoe drops" several times a year to give out thousands (were talking like, over 600,000) of pairs of shoes to kiddos. 
Besides just what he does for others, Blake himself is a stud. Lets be honest. Maybe not in the traditional "tall, dark and handsome" sense...he's more "average, curly and quirky", but it works for him. His dedication to humanity makes him go from 5.5 to 12.6 instantly. Not to mention he was on one of the only reality TV shows that I absoloutely adore(d). I still want to go on that btw, anyone want to apply to be my world traveling partner? I'm being serious. 
In short, Blake is an awesome guy. He took a simple idea, and actually DID something about it..and just look at the impact that its had on the world. 


If you would like to look into buying a pair, click here: http://www.toms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment