Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Handsome Blog- Number Six

Hooray again for three days in a row. I find that its often the small victories that count the most in life. HA. Alas, I am now moving on to my first handsome british bloke (the first of many, I have a feeling. I think its the accents, not so much the grody teeth).
Anywoo, The Handsome Blog welcomes it's 6th inductee...
Hugh Laurie

Most of you probably know this strapping young man as Dr. Gregory House from the show "House"...so original. 
He plays the smartass doctor at Princeton Plainsboro Hospital. He specialzes in the odd and hard to solve cases. He just so happens to be uncaring in most instances, hilarious, and a complete snot ( I mean that in the most loving sense, since I really cant get enough of this show).
Hugh has completely mastered the whole "American" accent thing, and you may have seen him in movies like Stewart Little, The Borrowers, Flight of the Phoenix, The Man In The Iron Mask, Sense and Sensibility or 101 Dalmations ( Just for the record, I find it really hard to take him seriously as a nice and caring man in any of these movies after watching him as Dr. House for so long).
Maybe it's his cane, maybe it's the smart-alleck attitude, maybe its the quick witted replies. Whatever it is, I find him nearly irresistable as an older man. I think in all actuality, I find him more attractive as House than as Hugh Laurie, but whatever. 
On a completely seperate side of the spectrum here, I also think that my mind subconciously associates Hugh as looking some-what like Tom Waits, who will probably appear on this blog on a later date....just wait. Once I found out that House can sing, oh man....fuggetaboutit, stick a fork in me. I'm done. C'mon, he plays:piano, guitar, drums, harmonica and saxophone. PSHHH. Also, his record is being released in the UK May 9th. So everyone...um..fly to England and pick one up. Or since we have this fancy "internet" thing now, I suppose you could try Amazon.com and probably save yourself a few grand. 



All in all. He's a total master of his art. He is one of the very few true actors that I think still exist in the entertainment business, and he has yet to ever let me down in an episode of House. I could literally watch him all day (good thing I have self control, and a job, to help prevent that from happening).

No comments:

Post a Comment